Eurecat is the Technological Center of Catalonia that provides the industrial sector with differential technology and advanced knowledge to respond to its innovation needs and boost its competitiveness.
In the COMPOSITES field, Eurecat is working on the development of lightweight components with high mechanical performance with leading manufacturing processes.
• In compounding, it offers development of thermoplastic compounds tailored by extrusion, characterization of the developed materials and manufacturing in test tube / part for validation.
• In composites, applied research focuses on the manufacturing processes of high-performance light parts by different technologies; RTM, pultrusion, press-forming, infusion, Hot Drape Forming and mainly autoclave.
• In reinforcements, study the most appropriate textile technology to develop the fabric. Make the conceptual design of the fabric structure that adapts to the preform and modify the materials to protect the fibers.
In the field of ROBOTICS, our technological offer focuses on:
• Industrial robotics: Robotic cells, tooling design, collaborative robotics, advanced modeling and simulation, intuitive and multimodal programming.
• Automation and mechatronics: Process control, sensors and actuators, embedded systems, artificial vision, automated quality control.
• Laboratory for tests and technological validation: Robots, tooling and equipment available to carry out tests in order to check the technological viability of the solution.
• Autonomous robotics: air and land vehicles, navigation and control, sensors and actuators.
At Metalmadrid / Composites Spain we will present different pieces and materials that the Composites Unit is working on in the different R&D projects with industrial partners:
– In the line of sustainability, the results of the project will be presented in collaboration with the company TRC Composites where different alternatives for recovery of FC have been studied: Compounds of recycled PA / FC and injected test tubes, development of non-woven fabrics to manufacture composites of Epoxy / FC recycled by RTM
– In the Aeronautical sector, the demonstrators developed in the COFRARE 2.0 project will be presented for the validation of manufacturing outside the autoclave of frames and other structural parts
– In the field of thermoplastic composites, different demonstrators manufactured by Thermocompression with PA6 / FC and PEKK / FC will be presented
And the Robotics unit will present a robot for printing electronic circuitry and sensors on rigid and semi-flexible substrates of various kinds such as metal, composite, glass, etc. It will have an artificial vision system to correct the trajectory in real time.
We wait for you in HALL 7, booth 7E18.